Photovoltaic Technologies: Service and Research Areas
Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems
Supporting Deployment of Innovative Solar Technology
- Modeling: Mechanical, optical and thermal modeling; energy yield; cost analysis.
- Module Design and Fabrication: All capabilities required to turn cells into mount-ready modules; support for novel encapsulants, edge sealants, back sheets, and solar glass.
- Module / Materials Characterization: Module energy yield prediction; testing and failure analysis using EL and IR imaging.
- Accelerated Aging and Testing: New test methods to simulate rigorous operating conditions – humidity and temperature gradients, mechanical stresses.
- Outdoor Exposure and Performance Monitoring: Long-term, off-grid and grid-connected testing in northeast and southwest climates.
- Quality Analysis: Durability and degradation, compliance with rated characteristics, energy output.