TechBridge Efficient Manufacturing Challenge
Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems
Technology Development and Validation Awards for Innovative Manufacturing Solutions
The TechBridge Challenge Efficient Manufacturing Challenge seeks proposals for innovative technologies that will significantly reduce energy, water, and material demands in manufacturing.
Apply by April 30, 2014, and you could be awarded prototyping, demonstration, or validation services from the world-renowned Fraunhofer R&D network. Additionally, all Semifinalists will be awarded 1 year of complimentary access to MATLAB and Simulink software from MathWorks. Applicants will be evaluated based on the potential impact of their technology/solution on the adoption of efficient manufacturing practices.
TechBridge Awards: A Proven Path to Commercialization
Fraunhofer’s TechBridge Program supports early-stage startups through technology development and validation projects that help companies reach commercialization milestones. As an independent third party, TechBridge helps startups de-risk their technologies, lowering barriers to private investment and strategic partnerships. Over the past 3 years, 16 TechBridge startups have received over $60M in follow-on funding.
Fraunhofer’s vast R&D network offers deep industry expertise and extensive testing capabilities in a variety of technical areas. Previous TechBridge projects have provided services including prototyping, demonstration, modeling, testing, and techno-economic roadmapping.
Application and Eligibility
The complete application can be found online at techbridgemanufacturing2014.istart.org. Preliminary information provided in the application may be shared with sponsors and should be non-confidential.
- Complete the online application form by Wednesday, April 30, 2014
- Be available for up to two telephone interviews to be scheduled after this date
- Comprise at least 2 team members
- Be incorporated or plan to incorporate if selected for an award through the Challenge
- Disclose the status of IP relevant to the submission (Should you be selected to receive an award, your IP will be fully protected in the process.)
- Have raised no more than $2 million from institutional investors prior to application submission (excluding grants, as well as funding from family and friends)
- Have less than $4 million in cumulative revenue prior to application submission
Spread the Word!
Want to help ensure that relevant startups/teams in your network are aware of this fantastic opportunity? We’ve made it real easy for you. Just check out the link below to share this information through a variety of channels including email, newsletters, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
TechBridge will continue to host future challenges on topics other than efficient manufacturing. To make sure that you don’t miss, use the link below to sign up for our mailing list.